Quality Assurance Technician
Job ID: 16623
Posted Date: March 14, 2019
Requisition ID: 16623
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring quality objectives for the business unit in accordance with Collins Aerospace quality policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable contractual requirements. This position operates in the following functional areas: Quality Assurance, Quality System Validation, Supply Chain Quality Assurance, or Material Verification.
- Evaluates Collins Aerospace or supplier products and processes.
- Participates in cross-functional efforts to ensure proper corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with production personnel to identify systemic root causes for product defects.
- Maintains certifications for Certified Quality Self Inspectors (CQSIs) and Certified Inspectors (CIs), compiles information, and prepares reports for internal and external customers.
- Interfaces with production personnel, support staff, and members of the leadership team during the resolution of quality issues and the implementation of corrective actions.
- Performs preliminary review and Material Review Board analysis and disposition of nonconforming material.
- Provides support to manufacturing operations in the review of products and of engineering and manufacturing processes, including First Article inspections.
- Performs product audits in accordance with Collins Aerospace/ customer / industry standards, reports results, assigns and monitors follow-up actions.
- Performs duties required by the Quality Management System.
- Maintains Inspection Stamp control for production employees.
- Applies quality standards for receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with Collins Aerospace and contractual requirements.
- Maintains equipment calibration and tooling tracking systems.
- Provides direct mentorship to manufacturing personnel to continuously improve build and inspection practices.
- Participates in the development of new initiatives and solutions for continuous quality improvements.
- Trains inspection (audit) personnel on workmanship standards.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed.
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience.
US Citizen or Permanent Residence required, due to restricted facility access.
Experience or exposure as an inspector for in-process or final acceptance.
Experience or exposure interpreting assembly drawings, workmanship standards.
Ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Certified Inspector (CI) and / or Certified Quality Self Inspector
- Experience as a team lead.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.