Software Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2019)
Job ID: 15726
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: February 9, 2019
Requisition ID: 15726
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate to be a Software Engineering Co-op within the Government Systems (GS) Embedded Communications Engineering Department. As a Software Engineering Co-op, you will work on a team that develops state-of-the-art communications systems and implements embedded software in products for domestic or international military programs. Examples of our communications systems and products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
This position’s responsibilities may include:
- Supporting software requirements definition and design
- Implementing multi-threaded embedded application software in C++
- Unit testing embedded software
- Integrating software / hardware components
- Performing object-oriented analysis and design
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Experience and/or coursework in the following:
- Python, Java, or C++ software development experience
- Object Oriented design experience
- Embedded software development experience
- Networking experience
- Linux experience
Candidates must be motivated to learn new technologies, be a strong team player, and contribute to a positive work environment.
A successful candidate also will have the ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner; produce effective, clear and concise technical documentation; and may have working knowledge or experience with embedded systems, radio communications systems, and Linux.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US Citizenship is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.