Principal Software Engineer – Mission Systems
Job ID: 15752
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: February 8, 2019
Requisition ID: 15752
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace Eng & Technology – Mission Systems organization is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with a passion for problem solving and satisfying customers through the delivery of improvements to the global engineering ecosystem that provide compelling gains to the consistency, efficiency, and productivity of product development efforts across the enterprise.
Eng & Technology is at the forefront of providing state-of-the-art solutions that dramatically increases Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering productivity and effectivity. Our recognized success has been based on the friendly, informal, and highly-cooperative team environment we’ve put in place, as well as across-the-board depth of talent. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and development
- Successful track record of application development
- Proven web application development skills including proficiency in API development and web services
- Experience with one or more OO languages such as Java, C#, C++
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Enjoy problem solving and committed to delivering high-quality software
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve
- Design, code, integrate, regression test, test, and document software
- Mentor less experienced Engineers in proper software design, code, integration, testing, and documentation
- Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products
- Provides engineering estimates for your teams work
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis, and creation for well-defined software designs
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Three or more years of experience developing Object Oriented software using Java, and/or C / C++
- A working knowledge of Windows or Linux Operating Systems
- US Citizen or Permanent US Resident (Green Card)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.