Advanced Systems – Sr. Software Engineer
Job ID: 14640
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: December 5, 2018
Requisition ID: 14640
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Advanced Systems – Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer on the Advanced Systems team in the Airborne Products and Systems organization. The Advanced Systems team is a research and development group responsible for supporting the maturation of key emerging technologies and differentiators required to position Collins Aerospace for both current and future growth opportunities; supporting our military and their partners. This includes, but is not limited to, advancements in next generation Human Machine Interface (HMI), helmet worn displays, communications management and vehicle control, personal electronic devices, robust training and simulation environments, and cyber security.
The ideal candidate understands the competitive landscape and provides direction on strategic technology plans based on the company’s competitive positions. The candidate may serve as technical leader for development and integration activities for highly strategic development project teams. The candidate may also support and/or lead pursuit strategy teams and development of technical proposals.
- Manage and maintain technology roadmaps with internal and external stakeholders
- Execute technical investigations and evaluations
- Support early stage design activities
- Generate rapid prototypes of emerging technologies for next generation flight decks and operator stations
- Develop robust simulation and emulation environments
- Demonstrate feature prototypes to internal and external customers
Skills that we are seeking:
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, excellent interpersonal skills and proactive problem-solving abilities.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to multi-task, and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve results
- Maintain and active interest in study, learning, and continuous self-development
- Serve as technical leader for highly complex and/or highly strategic development project teams
- Experience developing applications on commercial flight simulators and/or training systems
- Modern UI/UX expertise in embedded / safety critical domains
- Experience with Machine Learning, including developing training data, labelling data, optimizing CNNs in a safety critical domain
- Experience developing web applications across the full stack (server-side and client-side)
- Experience developing, maintaining, and deploying containerized applications (ex: Docker/Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.