Industrial Engineering Technician
Job ID: 12931
Posted Date: September 13, 2018
Requisition ID: 12931
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Industrial Engineering Technician to join our team in Manchester, IA (1030). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is concerned with performing a variety of functions in the development, implementation and revision of Manufacturing Engineering processes and procedures. Provides assistance to Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering and Design Engineers.
- Provides basic technical support and resolves routine problems of limited scope and complexity. Follows established policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities.
- Creates and maintains the master route sequences and BOM data in compass.
- Needs assistance with interpreting engineer drawings/specs to develop and maintain assembly line work instructions.
- Assists with and/or generates Run and Holds along with reviewing ECOs to ensure they are acceptable for production incorporation.
- Basic understanding of Lean concepts.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and adaptive response to challenges.
- This position requires developing and mentoring in the basic job functions.
- Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Manufacturing Experience
- Knowledge with any of the following computer applications: CSI, PDM, EView
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.