Inside Sales Manager, North America
Job ID: 11802
Posted Date: August 10, 2018
Requisition ID: 11802
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Inside Sales Manager, North America to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The National Inside Sales Manager is responsible for promoting our unique cMUSE solution at Tier 2 and 3 airport and also covering datamining, monitoring web sites for RFPs, benchmarking the competitors, reporting and qualifying opportunities. The focus will be on increasing our exposure and leads to create new cMUSE revenue.
- To promote our cMUSE Common Use Solution within the Tier 2 and 3 airports in North America (200+ airports)
- To create a business Strategy and Go to market plan
- To obtain, qualify and report of new business opportunities
- To build relationships within customer accounts. This is predominately a desk based sales role.
- To work with the different internal Teams (Sales/Account Managers, Marketing and GPM) to assist capturing the identified business
- To assist in penetrating new accounts to establish high level working relationships
- To assist in the capture strategy in order to ensure Rockwell Collins ARINC solutions are alignment with the airport business challenges
- Finding how to attract new cMUSE business with the Tier 2 / 3 airports in North America (NAM)
- Identifying market opportunities within NAM and qualifying sales opportunities.
- Develop an understanding of the customers’ financial situation, business environment and players in place, maintaining and nurturing appropriate various level relationships.
- Desk side management, minimal travel for this specific role would be anticipated. Excellent phone and written communication skills would be necessary
- Reporting and monitoring vs. our Business plan
Key Result Areas
- Ensure the successful and measurable cMUSE market share
- Full and active participation in identification and qualification of opportunities, account reviews, bid preparation and submission if needed
- Regularly monitor account revenue streams to ensure consistency with projected forecasts, and instigate and pursue remedial action where appropriate.
- Review/update every month/quarter market penetration versus business plan
- Develop Short/Mid/Long Term Account Strategies
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree is desired.
- Five years of related customer sales and account experience
- Relevant understanding of IT environments & Rockwell Collins Product Portfolio
- Previous working experience of the Travel and Airline industries a plus
- Related experience as an Account Manager/ Sales within the Aviation Industry
- Track record of achieving / exceeding sales targets
- Takes a proactive approach to identifying new business opportunities
- Comfortable with networking to find new business opportunities
- Strong acumen in industry standards/trends.
- Good understanding of competitive business models: their strengths and weaknesses.
- Need to be Creative, Resourceful, Persistent, Curious, Take initiatives, Professional attitude and a Team player
- SalesForce CRM knowledge
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.