Trip Operations Coordinator / Meteorologist
Job ID: 11775
Posted Date: August 10, 2018
Requisition ID: 11775
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Trip Operations Coordinator / Meteorologist to join our team in Houston, TX (IMS INC) (5410). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Compute flight plans and prepare weather reports for customers worldwide.
- Prepare and deliver written and verbal weather briefs.
- Produce and interpret text and graphical weather products for distribution.
- Read and interpret aviation weather, aviation reports, and navigational charts. May help create the daily weather chart(s).
- Demonstrate confidence in various computer applications to assist with trip support.
- Build global flight plan routes and verify their accuracy and acceptance with ATC/authorities.
- Exhibit functional knowledge of IFR flight planning and aircraft performance requirements (runway analysis and weight and balance calculations). Prepare, proof, file and deliver computerized flight plans.
- Under general supervision, may compile all components of a flight brief into a package deliverable
- Exhibit good customer service and communication skills.
- Troubleshoot and resolve standard operational issues and customer feedbacks.
- May provide en-route monitoring of customer aircraft, as appropriate.
- Perform quality control checks.
- Under limited supervision, provide direct consultation services to clients regarding their flight schedules.
- Discuss potential issues/problems such as operating restrictions with clients and offer resolution.
**Facility is open 24/7 – candidates need to be flexible with shift requirements 4 days on, 2 days off (Morning shift 5:30am-1:30pm; swing shift 1:30pm-9:30pm; mid shift 9:30pm-5:30am)**
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or in lieu of a degree six (6) years experience as a meteorological flight briefer.
- US Citizenship or Green Card required.
- Previous experience with military or business aviation forecasting is preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule 24/7 including holidays as required.
Key skills to be successful in the role:
- Produces quality results in a timely manner that conform to the organization’s rules. A loyal, team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to provide the status of work assignments at any time and can quickly produce any documentation or information that is needed.
- Maintains the team’s focus on their shared objectives of team unity and cooperation.
- Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
- Remains professional during stressful situations.
- Customer service skills.
- Able to communicate clearly via telephone and e-mail.
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Demonstrated desire to contribute to process improvements within a team.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.