Principal Systems Engineer – Trusted Systems
Job ID: 9641
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: June 13, 2018
Requisition ID: 9641
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer – Trusted Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Trusted Systems research group seeks a self-motivated research engineer with experience leading the development of rigorous critical embedded computer-based system methods. The position is within the Advanced Technology Center, Rockwell Collins’ research and development organization. The Trusted Systems group works with both Rockwell Collins product groups and external research sponsors to extend both the state of the art and the state of the practice for methods to construct trusted computer-based systems.
The trusted systems research group is located in Bloomington, MN and Cedar Rapids, IA. This position could be located at either location.
The successful candidate will define and lead investigations to create and demonstrate new methods and tools for embedded computer-based system development.
Relevant technologies include
- architectural modeling and analysis,
- automated safety analysis,
- automated theorem proving,
- language development,
- high assurance microkernels,
- SMT solvers,
- assured hardware/software generation,
- automated vulnerability detection, and
- mathematical specification.
Ongoing current projects invent, mature, and apply these technologies in diverse domains with safety or security requirements. Example domains include
- autonomous systems,
- military and commercial aircraft,
- machine learning systems, and
- communication systems.
- The candidate must have demonstrated ability to innovate and to develop and apply new technologies.
- The candidate must have strong software skills, including using formal methods approaches, and a passion for bringing rigor to computer system development.
- The candidate must have the ability to lead a research program, including the ability to formulate/market a compelling vision as well as to mentor junior researchers.
- An ideal candidate has the ability to work with both product groups and research sponsors to identify high-value applications of rigorous development technologies and to conduct research that narrows technical gaps.
- An ideal candidate is broadly familiar with relevant product domains, such the example domains listed above.
- An ideal candidate has full product cycle development experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field is required, an advanced degree is strongly preferred. In lieu of an advanced degree, demonstrated ability to lead research programs is a must.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
This position offers career growth potential for individuals who are innovative and can conceive, develop and execute research projects.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.