Sr Software Engineer – Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Job ID: 8387
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: July 3, 2018
Requisition ID: 8387
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Engineer – Advanced Manufacturing Technology to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Advanced Manufacturing Technology is a team of visionaries and innovators. We develop our employees — though we don’t hire often, interns leave saying they can’t believe the feats they accomplished with us. We’re home to the first Engineering Fellow from Ops and numerous Engineer of the Year finalists and champions. We serve Manufacturing Operations and often Design Engineering as technology experts. We also research and develop futuristic solutions, helping to maintain Rockwell Collins as the trusted pioneers of technology we have long been. Today’s projects include sophisticated applications providing cutting-edge visualization, virtual reality applications, augmented reality applications and web-based tools that are shared throughout the enterprise using scalable server technologies. Maybe mobile. Maybe IoT. Maybe machine learning and AI. Maybe something no one has thought of today.
If you have a passion and demonstrable ability to write, design, maintain and adapt software, you may find a fitting home on our team. If you enjoy architecting, programming, learning new technologies, and keeping your software engineering skills sharp, you’ll probably enjoy this role. If you have a creative entrepreneurial curiosity that compels you to find your own way — rather than the way prescribed by some process — and you enjoy seeing the realized benefits and hearing the constructive feedback that your efforts afford thousands of people throughout the enterprise, this might be for you.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and analysis in area of domain expertise. Able to identify cross-functional deficiencies in requirements.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and considered a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a moderate understanding of systems knowledge in the assigned areas.
- Mentors product development teams in the utilization of the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, thus increasing product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
- Design, code, test, integrate and document software of moderate to high complexity, Apply and tailor internal processes, using knowledge of methods and tools for software development and documentation efforts. Ensure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
- Serve as a lead in software development or verification efforts for low to moderate complexity software.
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in definition, integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity. Perform debugging and integration of software components above and below currently developed software.
- Develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using applicable enterprise estimation tools, for components and area of expertise. May lead cross-functional/domain teams in a Project Engineering role.
- Review software defects trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements and recommend new approaches, tools, techniques that drive continuous improvements in software development processes.
- Capable of proactively identifying and communicating technical software issues and help resolve these issues. Ensure these issues are elevated to project leadership for resolution.
- Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Considerable experience with a modern programming language (Python, JAVA or C#)
Experience with full stack development of modern web applications
Familiarity with using and designing RESTful APIs
Experience database design, maintenance and usage (SQL, noSQL, postgres, mongo, etc.)
Experience with advanced visualization technologies (AR, VR, computer vision, wearables)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.