Systems Engineer – New Grad – Richardson, TX
Job ID: 6995
Posted Date: December 6, 2017
Requisition ID: 6995
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer – New Grad – Richardson, TX to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Mission Systems Engineering team develops and produces a range of solutions, products, and systems for a variety of aircraft platform mission systems and very low frequency transmit and receive systems within the SC2 area. To support the ongoing development on a range of projects, an experienced, highly capable, and proactive systems engineer is being sought.
Rockwell Collins Government Systems in Richardson, Texas is growing with multiple projects starting in Strategic Command and Control (SC2) providing exciting opportunities for challenging work and career growth.
* Project systems engineering design activities range from definition of new subsystem based systems in a larger existing system to definition of system of systems.
* Maintain the process discipline on specific projects essential for developing the systems engineering artifacts in a disciplined approach.
* Heavy focus is placed on process design tasks and LEAN including metrics collection.
* Analysis to further increase the effectiveness of the processes and as needed make improvements to further drive efficiencies.
* Conduct Integration and Test procedures on the customers site.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* US Citizenship required.
* Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance required.
* System engineer in capturing, analyzing, decomposing, translating and creating requirements for systems of moderate to high complexity experience.
* Developing functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware and software implementation experience.
* Estimating, tracking, managing and reporting status relating to technical, cost, schedule, and risk performance for assigned scope of work which may span across multiple projects estimating.
* Electrical engineering, software engineering, and/or mechanical engineering degree
* UML/SysML modeling tool working knowledge.
* Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
* Be able to analyze information and complex issues using critical thinking, logic, and reasoning.
* Strong demonstrated capabilities in teamwork and project success are required.
* Experience multi-tasking in an environment with multiple competing deadlines.
* Working knowledge of LAN/WAN setup and network architectures.
* Managing projects using modeling for systems engineering including functional analysis.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio or a similar drawing tool.
* Primary interface directly with a US DoD.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.