Senior Systems Engineer
Job ID: 6387
Posted Date: January 3, 2018
Requisition ID: 6387
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Annapolis, MD (INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The GLOBALink system is comprised of hundreds of radio ground stations, interfaces to satellite ground-earth stations, interfaces to hundreds of airline and civil aviation authority systems, and complex, proprietary message processing and system management servers, all connected by a complex and sizable communication infrastructure. The system is subject to continuous change as networking and communication technologies evolve.
This Senior System Engineer will support these system updates, enhancements, and expansions by:
* Developing and analyzing requirements
* Documenting operational scenarios
* Defining interfaces between systems
* Defining system architecture
* Performing trade studies and making value engineering decisions
* Coordinating with other ARINC teams and external customers and agencies
* Participating in industry standards development (travel required)
* Reviewing software designs
GLE is an SEI/CMM Level 3 certified engineering organization, so this engineer is expected to work within a defined, collaborative engineering process.
* Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of system engineering experience performing system engineering in the following areas:
* Architectural changes and customer-driven enhancements to complex systems. Complex systems typically involved multiple servers, interfaces, networks, and databases.
* Integrating with complex external systems operated by external companies or agencies.
* Analyzing performance of complex systems.
* Eliciting and managing customer requirements.
* Experience working in a highly integrated team environment with software, hardware, and network engineers.
Education or Certification requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Information Systems.
Relevant experience in the following areas will be viewed as beneficial:
* Participation on an industry committee developing interface or communication specifications
* Experience with aeronautical communication, air traffic management, or airline operations.
* Master’s degree in relevant technical field.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.