Sr Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
Job ID: 6254
Posted Date: January 3, 2018
Requisition ID: 6254
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join our team in Wilsonville, OR (1700). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Responsible for engineering support during the assembly, test, and acceptance processes in the manufacture of Rockwell Collins products. This includes responsibility for specific process or environmental areas. Employee may be assigned to a specific product line or Integrated Product Team (IPT). Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Maintains cognizance and control over Engineering support costs to Mfg. Recommends product producibility projects to reduce support costs.
- Provides technical interpretation of drawings and specifications for complex products.
- Recommends solid engineering solutions for design tolerance problems and coordinates implementation with LCVSM and Design Engineering.
- Evaluate and approves test plans and test equipment designs. Selects and orders capital test equipment using sound cost/payback analysis. Generates and tracks Appropriation Requests.
- Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner. Use analysis of CRG failure data to identify proactive methods of preventing future failures.
- Provide capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs. Identify new test approaches that will reduce staffing and capital requirements.
- Eliminate/reduce test defects and improve test yields. Perform root cause analysis and take corrective action to resolve test failures.
- Studies test equipment performance and reliability, and establishes programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime. Feeds back the analysis to improve design of next generation test equipment.
- Supports producibility and testability initiatives in new designs and developments.
- Detailed understanding of RC-MAP and Engineering TCP.
- Extensive use and application of standard engineering and manufacturing principles and processes.
- Develops solutions to difficult technical problems of broad scope with little guidance from project managers.
- Failure to achieve results will have significant impact to product quality or delivery schedules.
- Develops, implements and maintains test methods and processes in the manufacture and test of sub-assembly, module, and top level product for new or difficult product lines.
- Determines proper test flows and sequencing for the efficient flow of product through Manufacturing test.
- Provides in-depth technical assistance and training support to floor test technicians.
- Maintains test documentation in current configuration and oversees accurate change management procedures for all test documents. Resolves conflicts in documentation and process definition.
- Analyze test approach, plans, and processes for cost reduction, test efficiency, or flow improvement opportunities.
- Develops complete knowledge of test systems and hardware.
- Provides technical assistance and support to all levels of testing.
- May provide Material Review Board analysis and disposition of Rockwell Collins and/or supplier products.
- Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Production floor support experience or 3-5 years production experience.
- Detailed Production and Manufacturing Systems Analysis using Minitab and/or Matlab.
- Demonstrate complex problem solving in a cross-functional team environment
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.