Sr Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Job ID: 5292
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: October 2, 2017
Requisition ID: 5292
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Export/Import Compliance organization is seeking to hire a Sr. Import Specialist located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This position will be responsible to design, implement, and lead the corporate duty preference programs (NAFTA, KORUS, etc.) to reduce the costs associated with importing goods into the US and other countries in which we operate. This role is also responsible for the maintenance of the US Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program by working with individuals in different organizations to ensure a secure supply chain for imported goods. In addition, this position will be required to help process the daily movement of goods through US and International Customs agencies with other members of the Import Compliance team.
The Regulatory Compliance Specialists interact with and provide guidance to all levels of personnel within the corporation with respect to import and export activity. The specialist will interface with a variety of federal employees located throughout the country, as well as the Washington, DC headquarters of Commerce, State, Homeland Security and Defense. The specialist will execute documents on behalf of Rockwell Collins in order to secure export/import licenses and/or respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies. The mission of the specialist is to ensure that Rockwell Collins personnel are adequately educated and that appropriate procedures are in place to ensure that international trade activities performed by Rockwell Collins are executed in a manner that is compliant with U.S. export and import regulations. This job family also includes those responsible for business policy compliance, data privacy compliance and other business compliance functions.
- Management of the Corporate Duty Preference Program to include the financial tracking and reporting of duty cost savings to senior leadership.
- Management of C-TPAT program in a cross functional, matrixed environment.
- Clearance of goods through Customs agencies in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Provide direction/guidance to Rockwell Collins Import Brokers.
- Direct interface with US and International government agency representatives.
- Leadership of the Import Compliance team’s Root Cause/Corrective action program.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long range goals of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure or resources to rectify.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides guidance on department processes, offers training on complex processes, serving as a focal point for core processes. May serve as interface between business and government agencies.
- Provides reporting, including metrics and tracking daily volumes. May assist with determination of root cause and corrective action to achieve department goals and key business initiatives. May assist with the development of audit tools to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Ability to lead or manage small projects, identifies key steps and gathers information from various sources to support the department requirements. May require limited delegation to ensure timely completion of project.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience
- US Citizenship
- Experience managing all aspects of complex/strategic projects (costs, schedule, and budget) including the delegation and oversight of tasks to other organizations.
- US Import/Export regulatory knowledge and experience preferred (not required).
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and Access a plus.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.