Pr Program Manager
Job ID: PRO00000268
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: August 12, 2017
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a/an Pr Program Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
The successful candidate will enjoy
* Direct visibility of the impact your work has on the safety and capability of our military, and the success of our business.
* Daily interaction with world-class experts and cutting-edge technology.
* A dynamic work environment.
* Significant discretion in day-to-day activities.
We are searching for a Principal Program Manager to join the Ground Position, Navigation and Time (PNT) team in our Navigation Solutions business. This is an exciting time in the navigation market, with the introduction of M-Code GPS technology in combination with non-GPS sensors to generate PNT solutions with high integrity and assurance. We need a Life Cycle Value Stream Manager (LCVSM) for our strategic growth in the mounted/vehicle market. You will lead a cross-functional team to pursue and capture new opportunities, develop and deliver world class products, and ensure a healthy product line.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Develop and execute business plans and strategies to grow the global Mounted business as part of an overarching Assured PNT strategy.
* Lead pursuit and order capture activities, including strategy development, customer contact and influence, proposal development, and negotiation.
* Lead program execution (NRE development and recurring hardware sales), meeting financial, technical and schedule objectives.
* Run a profitable and predictable business through accurate forecasting, on-time deliveries, and management of risks and opportunities.
* Serve as a primary customer contact for program activities.
* Coordinate with Engineering, Business Development, and fellow PM’s to develop and leverage product line solutions and capabilities.
* Contribute to the development of the Ground PNT Strategic Financial Plan and Annual Operating Plan
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (Active clearance preferred, US Citizenship required)
* Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree 5-10 years of related experience
* Experience with RC-MAP and RC-IPM processses
* Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team in a matrixed environment
* Demonstrated ability to influence others and confidently present to Senior Leadership
* Ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the industry and the customers
* Experience in Pursuit & Order Capture and/or Strategy Development
* Experience leading programs in the development, production, and sustainment phases
* MBA preferred
* Experience in working directly with customers is preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!\
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.