Optics Assembler 2
Job ID: ASS0000001V
Posted Date: August 12, 2017
- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex electro-Optics tasks following Rockwell Collins workmanship standards.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, engineering change orders and applicable document changes. Interpret and follow assembly procedures, assembly aids, non-conformance reports and repair travelers. Work on discrepant material.
- Performs different phases of optical assembly including cleaning, polarizing, bonding of optical elements, mirrors and filters. Calibrate, focus and align various optics assemblies.
- Perform mathematical equations for air spacing. Be able to identify scratches, flawed or poorly coated glass. Read and interpret optical and mechanical measuring devices. Follow inspection requirements. Assembles electro- Optics subassemblies, top assemblies and complete assemblies.
- Required to use hand tools and power tools to assemble and rework a variety of parts/assemblies and perform required assembly/rework operations to meet quality standards. Soldering may be required for some positions.
- Inspects own work on electro-Optics assemblies to insure a quality product which conforms to workmanship standards and engineering requirements.
- Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required as well as flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
- Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- This position requires that you work in a restricted facility requiring US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
- Ability to interpret and follow assembly procedures
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and engineering change orders preferred
- Ability to read micrometers preferred
- Experience calibrating, focusing and/or aligning various optics assemblies preferred
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more