Sr Electrical Engineer – Projects
Job ID: ELE000000GH
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: September 12, 2017
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer – Projects to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Test Engineering & Service Center of Excellence is seeking to fill a Senior Electrical Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE or BSCmptrE degree. The primary responsibility of this position is to be a technical lead performing the role of a Project Engineer and Cost Account Manager for multiple projects. Test Engineering offers an array of innovative test equipment solutions for Rockwell Collins products and programs. These test solutions are primarily targeted to our manufacturing and service customers, but are also delivered to engineering development and qualification efforts.
The engineer who fills this position must have systems, development, troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position may lead software development in LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows/CVI, C++ and C# on multi-rack test stations. These test stations include but are not limited by the following COTs equipment: spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, power supplies and other RF related equipment. This position also requires development and support of ESS (thermal and vibration) test equipment and software suites.
This position will directly report to a L5 Sr. Engineering Manager in the Test Engineering Center of Excellence.
* Leading a multi-disciplined engineering team in all technical elements of an entire project
* Working with the program and/or technical project managers to develop the program execution plan and primary execution responsibilities to ensure projects remain within budget, on schedule and requirements met
* Application of integrated project management, technical consistent process, earned value, and risk management
* Coordinating inputs from various hardware / software engineers
* Coordinating test equipment design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation
* Serve as the LCVSM’s technical point of contact, capable of representing Rockwell Collins to the customer in the absence of the LCVSM
* Mentoring of Project Engineers (PEs) and functional engineers
* WBS development to generate proposals and project management bids for medium to high complexity development projects
* Serve as the Cost Account Manger (CAM) for multiple projects. Track, report, and analyzes earned value metrics as required to understand program performance and to recommend staffing and/or schedule adjustment based on these metrics
* Understands relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, defining strategic plan to leverage the investments across the business unit
* Participates in the PE Community of Practice
* Performs as an authority figure for all matters related to production and service test equipment, and leverages those principals to other areas of test.
The following talents and characteristics are required:
* Fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Software Systems engineering and Test Equipment
* Ability to work with the end user customer in a professional manner
* Knowledge in the areas of baseline control, earned value, risk management and product support
* Ability to mentor project engineers
* Experience with Microsoft Project
* Strong leadership skills such as:
* Stress Tolerance – Maintaining a calm and positive outlook during stressful situations
* Team Building – Creating effective working conditions on the team by educating its members about the value of each person’s contribution
* Customer Service Orientation – Providing customers with quality experiences, establishing and maintaining effective relationships
US Citizenship is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance. Candidate must have Earned Value Experience (Cost Account Management) and Test Solution design experience
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.