Job ID: PRO0000024X
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: September 12, 2017
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Developer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Looking for a position that has a wide range of variety? This position will support most products produced in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa factory. No days are ever the same.
The Test Engineering & Services Center of Excellence is looking for a candidate to fill a Software Developer position in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa location. The primary responsibilities for this position are Develop/modify programs based on functional specifications. Researches, designs, develop, tests, debugs, deploy and maintains application software. Applies a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the construction, analysis, or management of software. Involved in planning of system and assists with system design.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but not limited to the following:
– Investigate and understand new technologies
– Conduct unit-tests, integration testing, code review and performance monitoring.
– Preparing operational instructions.
– Develop/modify programs based on functional specifications, investigate and understand new technologies, conduct unit testing, integration testing, code review and performance monitoring.
– Lead the assigned projects to achieve quality solutions under moderate or indirect supervision.
– Coach and train junior members of the team.
– Responsible for adherence to defined processes, project cost and schedule requirements.
– Assist with the transfer of knowledge of technical skills.
– Interfaces with internal customers as needed.
Software skills in C++, JAVA, Visual Basic, and Assembly or similar languages
Experience supporting custom RF electronic test sets utilizing Data Acquisition Systems including environmental testing
Knowledge of Rockwell Collins RF products
Experience with C# and LabView are desired
Candidate must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense Security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
Candidate must have experience in software skills/languages.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.