Sr Software Engineer – Flight Controls Autoflight (Cedar Rapids, IA)
Job ID: SOF000000MS
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: September 12, 2017
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and contribute to the development of automatic flight control systems for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
This represents a great opportunity to apply your software engineering skills to actual real-time embedded systems developments with critical safety requirements. You will also get exposed to avionics systems engineering and industrial development process, including testing using real hardware in a rig.
Software development tasks include:
* Implement control algorithms and signal processing for flight control systems. This encompasses both hand-coding and software integration of auto-generated code from MATLAB Simulink / Stateflow models. Typical functions to implement include autoflight control systems (e.g. flight guidance, autothrottle, attitude controls), horizontal stabilizer control systems, and stall protection systems for Business, Regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
* Define and review software requirements and design for flight control systems, including interface requirements.
* Conduct verification and testing of the flight control software according to its requirements.
* Support the flight controls Systems Engineering team in the development and integration of the system.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Previous experience with C/C++ development environment, as well as software requirement and configuration management tools experience
* Knowledge of embedded real time computing systems using microcontrollers and microprocessors is desired.
* Experience designing and developing software to control low level processor functions such as serial I/O, data acquisition, external memory, ethernet PHY, timers, PWM, and various application specific integrated circuits is desired.
* Experience with MATLAB Simulink would be a plus, as well as general knowledge of aviation and/or flight control systems.
* Knowledge of basic hardware design and microcontroller architecture is a plus.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.