Senior Proposal Specialist
Job ID: BUS000000B6
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: June 16, 2017
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Proposal Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Calling all capture and proposal management professionals! Join the Commercial Systems Capture Center of Excellence and help us drive business unit success with proactive engagement with pursuit teams as they seek to win major OEM and airline programs.
The Senior Proposal Specialist is a key contributor to the Rockwell Collins Commercial Systems organization. The Senior Proposal Specialist collaborates with cross-functional teams consisting of Business Development, Program Management, Engineering, Contracts, Service, Operations and others to develop winning proposals.
Major areas of responsibility for the Senior Proposal Specialist include:
* Collaborating with capture team leadership for successful proposal development
* Analyzing customer solicitations and requirements
* Developing writing schedules, outlines, assignments and kickoff meeting packages
* Following and tailoring established processes and procedures to develop all proposal content for the Executive Summary, Technical, Commercial and Program Management volumes
* Leading writing and reviews to ensure the inclusion of clear win strategies, themes and discriminators throughout the proposal
* Organizing, managing and coaching proposal authors
* Reviewing written content for clarity, grammar and compliance to requirements
* Identifying action items and holding teams accountable to writing deadlines
* Leading non-advocate color reviews
* Maintaining proposal tracking tool and weekly status updates
* Successful candidates have experience developing winning proposal responses. They are skillful communicators across functional areas, are decisive problem-solvers across an array of pursuit issues, and exhibit the temperament to successfully resolve conflict.
* The successful candidate is a critical thinker, who poses insightful questions to guide the team to better refine proposal content.
* The successful candidate has high quality standards, a critical eye for the written word, and a breadth of experience to coach teams in using lessons learned. Candidates with demonstrated experience developing high-quality proposals in a fast-paced environment are preferred.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
● Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.