Sr Electrical Engineer
Job ID: ELE000000FA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: May 23, 2017
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Looking for variety in you work? This position supports multiple products throughout our production and service center facilities. No day is the same.
The Test Engineering & Services Center of Excellence is seeking to fill an Electrical Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE, BSCmptrE or Computer Science degree. The primary responsibility for this position is to be the focal point for factory support activities (Expert on Call). The engineer who fills this position must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations. These test stations include but are not limited by the following COTs equipment: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires development and support of ESS and vibration test equipment and software suites.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
* Thorough understanding of RC processes/tools (documentation (PDM/Eng central), SCL, Smart Search, SAP, Subversion)
* Factory support experience
* Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
* Excellent time management skills – ability to unsupervised, multitask and delegate work to support technicians, EPA’s and peers.
* Programming skills in LabView, Visual Basic, Adate, WINAdate, and other older SW languages are a plus
* Some previous experience in managing small teams through hardware builds (parts ordering, build coordination, etc.)
* Experience with GFE
* Identifying, categorizing, and averting project risks (risk management)
* Coordinating test equipment design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation
* Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations
* Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments
* Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers
* Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills
* Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
* This position will be located in Cedar Rapids, but the candidate may be required to travel on occasion
US Citizenship is required. Candidate must be able to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance and have the following experience: 5 years of experience in Factory support, HW design and troubleshooting skills and SW programming skills in multiple languages
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.