Sr Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
Job ID: IND00000080
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: April 20, 2017
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is for an experienced Electrical Engineer who is interested in learning about supporting Government Systems Avionics products in a manufacturing environment. The employee will learn about manufacturing test, design support, and how to use available resources to be successful. Must be a flexible team member with good communication skills, be a self-starter, and able to multitask.
If selected, the employee will become familiar with production management objectives along with handling product quality issues that arise. This position will be responsible for supporting the test, repair, and delivery processes for the HF Comm products in Cedar Rapids, IA. If selected the employee will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of product lines which may include:
* Support of the entire product test process, board level through top-level test.
* Analyzes test processes and systems for yield improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
* Interface with design engineering in coordinating design changes required for sustaining production and the release of new products.
* Leads in analyzing test failures for root causes and corrective actions, prepares failure analysis reports as required for production.
* May be required to design or improve existing card test fixtures and equipment as needed to improve test flows
* Coordination with design engineering on minor redesign of product and test equipment to resolve obsolete part, tolerance, and yield issues, including drawing changes to resolve them.
* Suggests appropriate product producibility projects to improve product performance, by identifying limit tolerance, design margin, test specification, or test yield issues
* Analysis of customer returns for failure trends and cost drivers.
* Optimizing test flow relative to cost constraints.
* Develops and prepares test and diagnostic programs to aid in the troubleshooting of test failures
* Works with Component Engineering, Purchasing, and Suppliers to resolve piece-part application and yield problems driving product performance and flow.
* Works with Test Technicians to train them on new products and test systems
* Maintains all test documentation and evaluates test equipment and flows to optimize test effectiveness and efficiency.
* Assists Team Leadership in determining appropriate test staffing and skill levels
* Participates in Production Readiness Reviews and Decision Point E reviews to determine suitability of new designs for production.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must be familiar with Test equipment and have experience with circuit analysis.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.