Associate Radio Field Service Technician
Job ID: 17000BR
El Segundo, CA
Posted Date: March 20, 2017
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated is looking for you to join our team in El Segundo, CA as an Associate Radio Field Service Technician to support our Aviation and Network Services Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.
ARINC’s Radio Technology Solutions group, services the aeronautical industry’s air/ground voice and data communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messaging. Our service is backed by 45 years of ARINC experience of providing communications solutions to the aviation market.
Whether it is supporting radio systems, or our custom communication solutions, ARINC’s Field Service Technicians are at the forefront of ensuring the operational viability of these critical communication systems.
The Associate Radio Field Service Technician will:
* Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
* Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
* Interact with customers in support of maintenance and installation activities.
**This position requires the candidate be on-call after hours, on weekends and holidays. Travel may be required.**
Local candidates preferred.
Other qualifications include:
* Ability to become proficient in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment.
* Ability to replace LRUs and do simple electrical and mechanical repairs.
* Able to perform testing using test equipment
* Ability to analyze system failures and identify and restore equipment malfunctions
This position will require a criminal history check. The background check includes the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3 consecutive years of the last 5 years.
* Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in height.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Completed a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college.
* AM radio maintenance experience is a plus.
* FCC General Radiotelephone Operator’s License (GROL).
* Practical work in the electronics field from the military or commercial sector
* This job requires frequent communication with customers and colleagues in Latin America. Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English
* Must be willing to travel to Latin America.
People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!