Information Assurance Engineer
Job ID: 16998BR
Posted Date: March 20, 2017
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (‘IMS’) is currently searching for an Information Assurance Engineer to join our team in Annapolis, MD. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
As an Information Assurance Engineer at Rockwell Collins, you will work with a team of highly-skilled and widely sought-after Cybersecurity Experts in the Critical Infrastructure and Transportation domains at some of the most sensitive sites in the country. You will be able to apply your skillsets and knowledge to a wide variety of cybersecurity tasks which will be challenging and highly-rewarding as you progress your career and the mission.
Some of your responsibilities for the Information Assurance Engineer will include:
* Implementing Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure operating systems, databases, and cyber technologies in accordance with documented standards.
* Supporting field team members in cyber-centric life cycle management services to clients after fielding of the system including patch validation & deployment, vulnerability management, log review, incident response, etc.
* Developing roadmaps and cutover plans for new cyber technologies as they arise, and for replacing cyber technologies before they reach end of life.
* Training clients and field team members on how to effectively operate and administer the cyber security technologies of the system.
* Supporting the continued growth of the cyber security department by conducting online and in-person seminars and workshops to demonstrate the value of cyber security with potential clients, identifying and pursuing follow-on/add-on opportunities with existing clients, and identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in adjacent verticals.
* Meeting with both current and potential clients to conduct informal and formal requirements gathering.
* Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in the field of cyber security engineering and integration of cyber security technologies.
* Experience conducting briefings with Senior level management staff and/or non-technical staff to discuss highly-technical requirements and processes.
* Direct experience working with DISA STIGS and other secure configuration guides.
* Knowledge of industry cyber security standards such as: NIST 800 series, DHS Cyber Security Framework, NEI 08-09, APTA Guidelines, and etc.
* Experience with configuring, testing, and delivering cyber security equipment and software including but not limited to firewalls, network intrusion detection systems, SIEM solutions, Windows Group Policies, application whitelisting tools, and malicious code prevention.
* Experience working within a formal systems engineering process-driven environment, and maintaining configuration management of all work products.
* Experience with documentation of policies, procedures, processes and technical requirements.
* Ability to work with limited supervision at times while maintaining efficiency and quality of your deliverables.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience with preference to a STEM degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or Information Assurance from an accredited institution or related specialized field.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through training, networking and mentoring.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of the benefits we offer include:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● 3 weeks of paid leave for newly hired employees (4 weeks for newly hired Directors and above)
● A generous 401(k) plan
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!