Job ID: 16988BR
Posted Date: March 20, 2017
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (‘IMS’) is currently searching for a/an Technical Writer to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA (Cranberry Township).People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
Technical writing at Rockwell Collins uses a variety of tools and modern publishing techniques. Our writers are an integral part of the project team delivering outstanding customer service and products.
The successful Technical Writer will:
* Develop a working knowledge of Rockwell Collins Security Systems products and services in the Surface Transportation and Security markets
* Work closely with Security Systems project teams and engineering staff
* Work independently to identify priorities and project requirements
* Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment including a fast paced project model
* Develop and maintain technical system documentation to include
o system requirements specifications,
o system test descriptions,
o end user and operator manuals,
o system administration manuals,
o maintenance manuals,
o software programmer reference manuals,
o database documents,
o online help, and
o operator guides for systems, hardware, and software
* Maintain baseline product documentation and customize as needed for projects
* Manage document storage and revision
* Have a solid knowledge of technical writing standards, documentation process, and software engineering process
* Perform technical editing and quality reviews of submitted documentation
* Develop training plans, develop and maintain training materials including syllabus and course content, and conduct training on software, hardware, and system integration projects including end user and system administrator training
* Ability to learn rapidly, to understand a very large and complex system, to generate documentation for the system, and to train the end users
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Three to five (3-5) years of experience as a technical writer and trainer on large, complex, integrated systems
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
* A variety of authoring tools including Adobe FrameMaker, Madcap Flare, and IBM Rational DOORS publishing engine
* Preparing training material and conducting courses
* Developing computer-based training
* Image capture and manipulation including Photoshop and graphics manipulation
* html programming for online help and single source publishing
Education and Certification Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through training, networking and mentoring.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of the benefits we offer include:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● 3 weeks of paid leave for newly hired employees (4 weeks for newly hired Directors and above)
● A generous 401(k) plan
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!