Sr Software Engineer – Linux based Airborne Servers (Cedar Rapids, IA)
Job ID: SYS000000YF
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: February 16, 2017
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Join a team providing Next-Gen Airborne data routers enabling ground breaking air to ground connectivity, while working with cutting edge technology!
This position is for a Sr. Software Engineer position working on the Airborne Info Solutions RC Linux team developing the Linux based Airborne servers. This position will provide an exciting opportunity to work on the development of a new information management system deployed onboard various OEM aircraft. This position will be located in Cedar Rapids, IA working closely with platform and security software engineers.
The successful candidate for this position will work with multiple software, hardware and systems teams to collect and validate requirements. This position also entails developing, testing and assisting in the integration of security applications.
Ideal candidates will possess technical expertise in software engineering domain areas and other skills including:
* Knowledge or experience using the software/systems development process and tools
* Experienced programming proficiency in C, C++ and/or Python
* Experience with the development of a Linux based system
* Linux Kernel and/or low level boot code development
* Comfortable at a Linux/Unix console both for development and product level integration activities
* Ability to shell script as well as script in python
* Familiar with the GIT configuration management tool
* Understand Unix filesystem structure and basic system startup (init) sequencing
* Knowledge or experience in communications engineering fundamentals
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong written and oral technical communications skills
* Knowledge or experience in software/system requirements capture, design, and decomposition ability
* Understanding of software validation and verification processes for technical product development with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of product systems
* Ability to effectively interact with Engineering Management and team developers, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Understanding of IP networking, Ethernet switching and routing, previous use of network analysis tools such as tcpdump, wireshark.
* Troubleshooting and debugging Linux system setup and configuration.
* Experience working with embedded electronic boards such at Beagle Bone, Arduino Uno, or Raspberry Pi
* Experience in various scripting languages and script programming including Bash or Python.
* Experience with managing many tasks and communicating with many internal customers simultaneously
The candidate is required to have excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form.
The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, and contribute to a positive work environment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.