Electrical Engineer – New Grad
Job ID: ELE000000ER
Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Date: February 16, 2017
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are looking for a creative Engineer who will be be part of a team responsible for the development and support of our Pro Line Fusion platform hardware product lines. These product lines are responsible for managing the data generated by aircraft systems while operating under difficult environmental conditions. The ideal candidate will be part of a cross functional team to define, plan, design, build, test, certify and support advanced hardware solutions for Air Transport, Business & Regional, and Government Systems markets.
The primary assignment for this position would be to maintain existing collateral hardware and to support new product developments. Typical duties include:
- Requirements capture and review.
- Analog and digital schematic design and oversight of circuit card layouts.
- Optimization for production efficiency.
- Collaborating with manufacturing test engineers to develop production test software and hardware solutions.
- Oversight of DO-160 EMI and environmental testing.
- Verification of requirements.
- Creation of certification artifacts.
- Perform limited project engineering tasks such as providing project status to engineering management and recommending product-line improvement priorities to the product-line manager.
- Coordination with application engineers and suppliers to determine root-cause and corrective actions of component failures.
- Updating electrical designs for parts obsolescence and new technology insertion.”
- Have relevant analog and digital design experience.
- Be capable of hand-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment.
- Utilize strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Be able to multi-task and manage through unexpected events.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.